At a time of potential change to the way the United Kingdom can operate with its international partners, the sector must be prepared to reset and revise its strategic ambitions, and quickly find opportunity in a new, uncertain landscape. The path the country will take from 31 October remains unclear, but it is certain that the progression of digital technology and communications will continue to profoundly affect the methods through which we engage international audiences.
The British Council invites the international education sector to come together at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre to reboot and reload our strategies; explore and face the impact of the United Kingdom's exit from the European Union and define our new future – working together to attract, educate and support sophisticated and technologically astute global students, who in many cases will go on to influence the futures of their own countries.
The conference is aimed at staff engaged with international marketing, academics, recruitment, support and strategy staff from UK schools, colleges, universities and English language teaching providers, as well as British Council staff from over 40 countries.
Who should attend?
- Higher Education (Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate) institutions
- Independent colleges
- Further education colleges
- VC's/PVC’s, International Directors and Academics
- Vocational education and training providers (VET)
- Trans-national education providers (TNE)
- English language providers
- British Council accredited agents, counsellors and study influencers
- Higher education international marketing professionals
- International student support and wellbeing staff
- International student admissions and visas staff
- Faculty or Academic staff with an interest in internalization
The conference will focus on the following core areas:
- Strategy: Exploring how the world is changing and how we can navigate for success.
- Innovation: Fresh approaches for connecting with international students worldwide.
- Intelligence: Exploring external influences on international student recruitment, providing cutting-edge analysis to inform and future-proof international marketing strategies.
The British Council intend to run sessions on the following strands:
- International education strategy and policy
- Digital and technological innovation
- International education market insight
- International education marketing
- Transnational education (TNE) and partnerships
- Impact of Brexit on International Education
- Student support and wellbeing
- Immigration and visa compliance
- Study influencers including agents, counsellors and alumni
- Internationalisation of subject areas
- Internationalisation of colleges, schools and English language teaching providers
- International student employability
- Best practice for working overseas
- Global perspectives and activities of countries outside the UK
Book by Friday 11 October to qualify for the early bird offer, which includes the Networking Reception - Early-bird price: £550.00 - a saving of £100!
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please contact the British Council for further information.