- In 2015, total visitor numbers to Edinburgh from both overseas and within the UK was 4.01 million, with 11 million going through the city’s airport, the busiest in Scotland.
- Edinburgh is the most popular city in the UK with international visitors outwith London
- In 2016 the top paid visitor attraction in Scotland was Edinburgh Castle with more than 1.7 million visitors in 2016. The National Museum of Scotland (with free admission) was the top visitor attraction with 1.8 million visitors.
- Hotel room occupancy rates were projected at 82.5% in Edinburgh in 2017, a higher rate than projected for most other major European cities.
- Edinburgh has more restaurants per head of population than any other UK city outside of London.
Edinburgh By Numbers
For more facts and figures, take a look at Edinburgh by Numbers by the City of Edinburgh Council, a yearly publication that highlights a range of information, statistics and data on Edinburgh and the city region.